1. FEMA – Applying for Natural Disaster Assistance, from Hurricane IDA. FEMA will help determine your eligibility for different assistance offerings. Remember to document any property damage and save receipts for repairs, equipment and hotel stays.
2. NOLA Ready – Hurricane Ida Response Information (Shelter Info, Cooling Centers, Meals/Water/Ice distribution). Text NOLAREADY to 77295 on your phone for regular emergency notices/updates.
3. Louisiana Department of Transportation – For mapping your route in and out of NOLA area, provides real-time updates on road conditions/closures.
4. Free Roof Tarping Assistance – Provided by the US Army Corps of Engineers.
5. Gas Station Tracker – Identifies the Fuel and Power status of gas stations (can search by city and by map)
6. Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – In addition to providing 24/7 confidential counseling services to help those dealing with the emotional aftermath of a disaster, they also have specialists standing by to help connect you with finding shelter, emergency programs, the Red Cross, and other national/local resources.