What To Know About IB Programs in 2022
Parents are always looking for ways to expand their children’s horizons. One way to diversify skills and interests is through their education
One-quarter of schools in America are private, where 10% of students are enrolled. Smaller class sizes mean closer attention is paid to individual needs. Another way to open up a child to new experiences is through the IB programs.
What Are International Baccalaureate Programs?
The IB programs are cross-cultural education options for students ages three to 19. An emphasis is placed on creating a generation of individuals going out into the world. They will have a more open-minded approach to problems and people from all walks of life.
IB Programs In 2022
- Primary Years Program – ages three to twelve, teaching children to think critically and diving deeper into presented topics.
- Middle Years Program – ages 13 to 16, showing teens how they can relate to the world.
- Diploma Program – ages 17 to 19, getting the older teens ready for life at university.
- Career-related Program – uses the worldly view from the International Baccalaureate for students who want to use the foundation to get into a career using the same ideals.
- Athletics – fourth through seventh grade, making room for children to try one or more sports they are interested in. Students are encouraged to get involved in team sports, which improves their health and motor skills. The program offers activities such as summer camp, intramurals, and leagues.
Some of the Sports Included in Athletics Programs:
- Basketball – the game is taught to include winning strategies as well as everything else that makes a team a success.
- Cross Country – through training, teamwork, and fun activities, students improve their fitness and running abilities.
- Swimming – the highest-rated and largest pool in the area gives everyone who wants to be on the swim team a shot. The best swimming lessons around are also available to interested students and camp attendees.
- Baseball – an opportunity for boys to get out in the sun to learn hand-eye coordination and team camaraderie.
- Softball – the girls get to enjoy fun in the sun as well, in addition to improving teamwork and communication.
IB programs are a great option for your child at any age. If you are interested in learning more information about IB programs we are here to help and answer all your questions!